We had a wonderful turn out for our College Credit Plus Meeting last night! I have listed below a review of the information shared, as well as some additional resources for you regarding CCP.
College Credit Plus (CCP) is a great opportunity for qualifying students to earn college credit for FREE*. Qualifying students can take college courses at CHS through Southern State Community College (College English, College Trig, Google Help Desk) or off campus at any public college/university in the state (ie, Ohio University - Chillicothe, etc).
Students who are interested in this program must:
1. Discuss this opportunity with your parent/guardian.
2. Parent/guardian and student MUST meet with your school counselor or attend the annual CCP Information Session (2/12/2019).
3. Complete your Letter of Intent Form and Records Release Form (both available in the School Counseling office) prior to April 1st.
4. Complete your CCP application by May 1st for the college/university of your choice (Southern State, Ohio University Chillicothe, etc.) Applications are available in the School Counseling Office.
5. Complete required testing as per college/university admissions requirements by June 1st.
You can read more about CCP on the Guidance page at http://www.chillicothecityschs.oh.schools.bz/1/Content2/guidanceccp or at the Ohio Department of Higher Education's CCP Information page at https://www.ohiohighered.org/ccp/students-families-- .
*FREE = cost of class and textbook. Student must earn PASSING grade in order for class to be FREE. Otherwise, student will reimburse district for the cost of class and textbooks.
As always, please stop by and visit with your counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
Here is a link to Tuesday evenings Presentation